Friday, April 6, 2012

Spicy Basil Chicken

My alarm is about to go off in 2 minutes. I've been up for an hour. I have to set reminders to get out of bed. It is so comfortable right now I seriously don't want to move. So I'm writing this post. Elle doesn't want to move either. Win, win. 


Yesterday I had to modify the heck out of a WOD because I developed a splitting migraine on one side of my head and behind my eye and I thought if I had to run 400m 5 times I might just pass out. Guess what workout I did CFers. Not fun. Nancy. I have no idea what's going on. It was so painful I was close to tears but I didn't want to be. My eyes were really confused. So once I got home I sat in bed, made my room a dungeon, turned my computer brightness down to like 3 and wrote that long-a$$ post from yesterday. Then I felt fine. The second I got up and went outside? Migraine back. Migraines are such little b*tches. I honestly think it was from my brain sloshing around during box jumps. I've been on vacation for like 2 weeks, out of school for months, there's like nothin' up there anymore. Must. Read. Books.


I made this last night and I'm definitely eating the leftovers for breakfast after my workout. It is sooo yummy. And involves a lot of watching grass grow as we make the reduction because corn starch sucks. But we like our sau5 thick, am I right?


Spicy Basil Chicken

  • 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
  • 3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, chopped into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons Raw Honey
  • 2 teaspoons Tamari
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Garlic Paste
  • 1 teaspoon Water
  • 1/2 teaspoon Almond Flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/3 cup sliced Basil Leaves

1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add yellow onion and cook for about a minute or until translucent. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. 
2. Add the chicken cubes and let cook for 13-14 minutes or until completely cooked through. 
3. While the chicken is cooking, combine the ingredients from fish sauce through sea salt in a small bowl and whisk together. 
4. Once the chicken is cooked through, pour the fish sauce mixture over the chicken/onion mixture in the pan and stir to combine. 
5. Bring the heat down to medium-low and let the sauce simmer for about 5-10 minutes, depending on how thick you want it. 
6. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and stir in the sliced basil leaves. Don't be lazy like me and shred them with your fingers if you want your pictures to look good. Clearly I don't care.

Serve with a heaping pile of kale chips and enjoy! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment