Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Grape Sausage Party

Holy macaroni I'm pooped. But wait! What the heck? Where have I BEEN. I've been freakin' Carmen San Diego recently. First I was home, then I was in the Dominican Republic, then I was home again for a day, then I was in Hawaii, then I was home again, now I'm back in Blacksburg. Jeeze laweeze. That's not why I'm pooped though. While I found time to do excellent body weight and balance workouts while I was on vay-cay, sadly there were no barbells in sight at either place we stayed at. Lame. That made coming back today and push pressing sh*t way rough on the bod. Add jet-lag and we've got a rough party in my muskles. 


mmmm, a preview of things to come :)
Tomorrow I'm going to write an awesome post on what exactly I've been doing and eating but you all have waited long enough for a recipe. So here ya go! I have no idea what to call this recipe. My brain isn't working. So naturally it's going to be called a party. A grape and sausage party. Deal with it. I'll probably regret the name tomorrow. Lack of creativity damnit. Meh. Short as sh*t post. Like I said, I'm about to keel over. Thank you aaaand I'm out. 



Sweet & Spicy Grape Sausage Party
Serves 2

  • 1/2 lb Baby Broccoli, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
  • 2 4-ounce Hot Italian Sausage links, casing removed
  • 1 1/2 cups Green Grapes, sliced lengthwise
  • 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 2/3 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 tablespoon minced Garlic
  • 1/4 cup Water
  • 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Chili Paste
  • Pine Nuts, as a garnish

  1. 1. Cook baby broccoli in boiling water for 1 1/2 minutes, or when it first turns bright green; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl. Set aside for later.
  2. 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Crumble sausage with your fingers and add to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble even more. 
  3. 3. Add grapes, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until grapes begin to soften and slightly brown. Add sausage/grape mixture to the baby broccoli.
  1. 4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add onion, cook 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. You know the drill. 
  2. 5. Add the 1/4 cup of water; cook 2-4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, sausage mixture, chili paste, and vinegar. Toss to combine; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. 
  3. 6. Sprinkle with pine nuts and extra pepper to taste; serve it while it's HOT. Devour. Give some extra sausage to your dog*****. Not that I did that or anything...

*****HUGELY important side note: don't give extra grapes to your dog. that would not be good. thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment