|mmmm, a preview of things to come :)|
Sweet & Spicy Grape Sausage Party
- 1/2 lb Baby Broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 4-ounce Hot Italian Sausage links, casing removed
- 1 1/2 cups Green Grapes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Chili Paste
- Pine Nuts, as a garnish
- 1. Cook baby broccoli in boiling water for 1 1/2 minutes, or when it first turns bright green; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl. Set aside for later.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Crumble sausage with your fingers and add to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble even more.
- 3. Add grapes, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until grapes begin to soften and slightly brown. Add sausage/grape mixture to the baby broccoli.
- 4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add onion, cook 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. You know the drill.
- 5. Add the 1/4 cup of water; cook 2-4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, sausage mixture, chili paste, and vinegar. Toss to combine; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 6. Sprinkle with pine nuts and extra pepper to taste; serve it while it's HOT. Devour. Give some extra sausage to your dog*****. Not that I did that or anything...
*****HUGELY important side note: don't give extra grapes to your dog. that would not be good. thanks.