Elle keeps glaring at me. I think she's sort of peeved at me for making her workout. Our Saturday hike was sooper fun. The weather has been glorious recently and so a sh*t ton of people and their dogs - of all shapes and sizes - were at Pandapas Pond where we went. Luckily for Miss Bark of Death and me most people are lazy as sh*t and walk either the loop around the pond or the flat Poverty Creek trail. Not us! I hate keeping Elle on a leash because she's well trained and stays with me when I tell her to and goes off ahead of me if I say it's okay. Most of the time even when I say it's okay she just follows behind RIGHT up on my heels. It's kind of annoying. The backs of my heels always hit her in the face if her head is too low. Sorry I'm not sorry Eleanor, it's your fault. So because I wanted some privacy we hiked the "Most Difficult" trails. My bum and legs were burnin' allll the next day and most of today, although that could have been the back squats. Guess how many people we saw? Like 3 tops. Quit being lazy people and get those legs movin' up something. Actually don't. I like my privacy. We ran into a big Bernese Mountain dog too. I'm obsessed with them. And guess what? Elle didn't bark. Big dogs people, big dogs.
|Modeling my awesome backpack that|
Mark got me for Christmas!!!! Best boyf ever.
|Taking in the scenery and greenery.|
She's actually pissed she couldn't hop up.
|WHITE DIAMONDS. Aka steep. My poor butt. This was the view|
from behind. Luckily for you, not my behind.
Back to the hike. Once Elle and I reached the bottom of our first trail we walked over to a beautiful creek where she proceeded to go bat sh*t cray. I dunno what it is that's in the water there but home girl freaked the f out. I love seeing her act like a puppy. It warms my heart. We logged a little over 6 miles total and had a wonderful time! Successful Saturday I'd say!
Sunday I slept in for the first time in FOR-EV-ER. Literally, I cannot remember the last time I didn't have an alarm set for post 8am. I woke up around 8 but forced myself to try to keep sleeping off and on for a bit longer. My phone was at the bottom of my bed, computer out of reach, and Elle woke up super early vomiting up the remains of the rib bone I gave her which she stupidly ate all of, but then she passed out probably exhausted from heaving. I'm not a terrible owner. I rubbed her back and comforted her. But she's dumb sometimes. She's also a really considerate puker as she politely puked on her doggy bed and not my bedroom carpet. She definitely does not take after her owner who has embarrassingly puked in very inappropriate places before. Another reason why I refuse to drink vodka and rarely drink anymore. I'm irresponsible with alcohol. And almond butter. Guh.
|Makeup organized on my sink. I was really|
proud of this. It'll prob stay like this since
it never gets used. My social life rocks.
Ok so today's recipe is kind of awesome. George over at Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations (love that alliteration) came up with this gem and I modified it slightly. These Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes with Raw Honey are the cats pajamas. They're super-human ability enhancers too. Don't believe me? Check my post from a couple days ago. Sure I thought they were gonna make me keel over and die at certain points in the workout but who cares they tasted amazing going down, I'm sure they wouldn't have been too bad comin' up. Ew, Emily, gross. TMI. Story of my life. I halved the batch because I'm eating for one (sad face) and because I know I have 0 self control and would probably have eaten all 10 if given the chance. I saved me from myself. That's a first. No wait, I covered these babies with almond butter and copious amounts of honey. Food: 1029412, Emily: 0. Shouldn't there be a slaughter rule??
Paleo (Duh) Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes with Raw Honey
Makes about 10 pancakes - Easily halved, doubled, or even
tripled for you Rx Beasts!
- 6 Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Milk (I used carton milk)
- 3 teaspoons Raw Honey + extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 8 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 4 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/3 cup chopped Pecans (use less or more or completely omit, depending on your nut obsession status)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- Coconut oil spray, or some other griddle greaser
1. Combine all the ingredients except for the griddle-greaser in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Use a silicone whisk (for a workout) or an electric mixer and beat until there are no lumps or chunks.
3. Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium heat or 350 degrees, respectively, and spray with coconut oil or melt other oil/fat on top.
4. Spoon the batter onto the pan in the size and shape you desire.
5. Each pancake takes about 4-5 minutes per side, so make sure you're keeping track because these guys won't bubble up like traditional pancakes. A good way to test if they're ready to flip is by seeing if a spatula will slide easily underneath!
6. Serve hot with raw honey or 100% maple syrup drizzled over top. Or almond butter. Or all three. Go crazy!
Check back tomorrow for BACON.